Inclusive Behaviour and Practices
People with disabilities face additional barriers or challenges to everyday tasks all the time. We work to remove these barriers, but sometimes even good intentions can add difficulties for someone with a disability. In this course, attendees will learn from our blind trainer about personal experiences and barriers they have faced. Attendees will learn some good practice methods for when providing help to disabled individuals and that often its about asking how the person would like support personal to them.
In the second session attendees will get the chance to ask questions in a supportive environment and try out our Empathy Lab equipment to simulate the effects of disabilities as a awareness raising exercise.
By the end of this training, delegates should have the knowledge and tools to:
- Understand how to identify and overcome existing barriers in a business and everyday context
- Understand the significance of accessibility in a modern world and the effects it has on the business and private lives of individuals
- Experience what accessibility means to disabled people
- Have basic knowledge of interacting and supporting with peoples with disabilities
Getting a Quote
All Able offer pricing that reflect the size and complexity of the work required. All Able also offer discount provision for certain parts of the public sector.
To get a quote for a specific piece of work please contact us at email@example.com and provide us with as much of the suggested information listed below to help us quickly provide you with an accurate response.
Below is suggested information that you can include in your request to help us provide you with an accurate quote more quickly.
- Your name
- Which training course you are interested in
- Where (town) and When you are looking to hold the course.
- How many people do you have interested?
- Any specialist requirements?
Welcome and clarification of learning objectives - 9:30
Session 1 Accessibility in a private and business context - 9:45 to 11:00
- Speakers personal experiences of everyday barriers and how to remove them
- Common good practice for supporting people with disabilities
- In the workplace
- In everyday situations
Morning break - 11:00 to 11:15
Session 2 Personal experience and empathy Lab - 11:15 to 12:30
- Sharing personal experiences
- Open questions session
- Empathy Lab
- Using assistive tech and disability simulation equipment
- What did people feel?
- What could we do different so people don't experience the same barriers?